Getting a new electric bike is an exciting thing! Before you can jump on your brand new electric bike and start cruising down the road, you’ll need to do some basic assembly. There are only a few things you’ll need to assemble, but this can be different depending on which electric bike you purchased from us.
Most electric bikes arrive packed in a box. These bikes will be partially disassembled in order to allow the bicycle to fit into a box that’s more economical to ship. For these bikes, you’ll need to assemble the following components:
- Front wheel
- Pedals (It’s crucial that these are installed properly!)
- Reflectors, lights, mud flaps, rear rack, or any other parts and accessories come packed with your bike. These are optional.
You’ll also need to do the following preparations before riding your electric bike:
- Pump up the tires
- Charge the battery
- Check the derailleur and adjust if necessary
- Check the wheel spokes and true the wheels if necessary
- Check the brake pads for proper alignment and adjust if necessary
- Check the brake levers and brake cable for proper tightness and adjust if necessary.
- Check the height and alignment of the seat to assure it’s properly installed for comfort and adjust if necessary.
*If you don’t feel capable of performing these pre-ride checks, then you must take your new electric bike to a certified bicycle mechanic at your local bike shop to perform these necessary pre-ride checks. If you fail to properly perform these pre-ride checks, you are putting your life at risk. An electric bike is not a toy, it is a strong and fast machine, and without proper care taken during assembly, tuning and riding, it can be dangerous.